The Organ Transplantation Market, share is expected to grow USD 12.4 billion compound annual growth rate of 9.50% during the period of forecast 2022-2030. Organ transplantation is one of the significant developments in modern-day medicine. Organ transplantation is a medical procedure in which the organ is removed from one body and transferred to another body to replace the organ that is missing or damaged. One of the major aspects of organ transplantation is the approval of the patient or the patient's family. Organ harvesting without prior permission is illegal and a serious crime. Organ transplantation is typically performed with a brain-dead patient whose other organs are healthy and can be used to save another person's life.
This procedure is performed to treat organ failure in the lungs, liver, kidneys, and many others. Kidney is the most broadly transplanted organ followed by the liver. Unfortunately, the demand for organ donations is even more significant than the number of individuals donating organs. As per the National Kidney Foundation, more than 3,000 new patients are added to the kidney waiting list every month. As stated by the United Network for Organ Sharing, 21 people die every day in the United States waiting for an organ, and more than 120,000 men, women, and children are waiting for life-saving organ transplants.
The key driver of organ transplant demand is the rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases and organ failure. Increased incidence of kidney disease, over-consumption of alcohol, and insalubrious diets have led to the development of the organ transplantation market. Whereas the high costs of transplantation, the small number of donors, and the rising incidence of organ failure have restricted the industry's growth.
The global Organ Transplantation Market Insights has been segmented into type, product, type of transplant, treatment, and end-users.
· Based on type, the global market for organ transplantation has been segmented into organs, heart transplant, kidney, liver, lungs, and other.
· Based on products, the global market for organ transplantation has been segmented into organ preservation solutions, transplant diagnostics, tissue products, and others.
· Based on the type of transplant, the global market for organ transplantation has been segmented into autograft, xenograft and xenotransplantation, allograft and allotransplantation, and others.
· Based on treatment, the global market for organ transplantation has been segmented into immunosuppressant, analgesic, and other. Immunosuppressant is further divided into calcineurin inhibitors, mTOR inhibitor, antiproliferative agents, steroids, and others. Calcineurin Inhibitors are sub-segmented into tacrolimus and cyclosporine. mTOR inhibitor is sub-segmented into sirolimus and everolimus.
· Based on end-users, the global market for organ transplantation has been segmented into hospitals, transplant centers, and others.
Some of the leading participants in the global Organ Transplantation Market Players are Terumo Medical Corporation (US), Transonic (US), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), Novartis International AG (Switzerland), OrganOX Limited (UK), Bio Med Pvt. Ltd. (US), Astellas Pharma, Inc (Japan), Transplant Biomedical (UK), TransMedic, Inc. (US), Accord Healthcare GmbH (Spain), Preservation Solutions, Inc. (US), Sanofi (France), Pfizer, Inc. (US), Veloxis Pharmaceuticals A/S (Denmark), GlaxoSmithKline Plc. (UK).
Region-wise, the global Organ Transplantation Market Outlook has been segmented into the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
The Americas dominates the worldwide demand for organ transplantation. Increasing prevalence of organ failure, rapid advances in the medical industry, well-developed healthcare systems, and higher spending on health care are critical factors in the growth of the American market.
Europe is the second-largest organ transplantation market, followed by the Asia Pacific.
The Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing region on the market. The presence of emerging economies and a large population suffering from chronic diseases is the main driver for the Asia Pacific market.
- Dr Robert Redfield, a transplant surgeon at UW hospital, has teamed up with another expert for using pigs as organ donors for organ transplantation. They plan to create pigs who can be customized to needs of kidney, pancreases, or another organ transplant.
- In May 2018, China was appreciated at the 71st World Health Assembly (WHA) for its model and experience in organ transplantation. China's model of organ donation and transplantation reflects strong government support and a robust healthcare sector.
- The National Institutes of Health announced the launch of a new clinical trial which might pave the way for HIV-to-HIV kidney transplant. The trail is the zenith of almost a decade of work and will include 160 kidney transplants to HIV-positive patients.
Market Research Future (MRFR) enable customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor, New York,
New York 10013